Tuesday, February 21, 2017

"Where She Went" by Gayle Forman- jenny ochsner

Jenny Ochsner 
Period 5 
"Where She Went" by Gayle Forman





Rating
5 stars

I have read this book several times since last year. It has a great love story in it and it tells you about Mia's recovery since the accident. 


Setting
The time frame is around 2011, about 4 years after the accident. It's mainly in New York City. 

Main Characters
Adam- He seems to focus on himself more than other people now. He doesn't liked being asked too many questions and he gets upset when people talk about Mia. He seems more of a sad person now. Almost as if he has to force himself to get up every morning and force himself to start the day. 
Mia- Mia is a fighter. She tries hard every day to live knowing her parents and brother died. She lives with the pain of having scars and has to walk with a limp. She has a kind heart and does what she does. She is a very busy person and appears to be alright without Adam. Or so it seems.

Plot 
Adam is about to go on tour with his band.
Adam goes to Mia's concert in  NYC.
They go to a small restaurant. 
They travel the city together.

Main conflict
Mia blames Adam for making her stay. In the first book he sits by her bed side and begs her to live. The problem seems to be external because Mia is blaming Adam for wanting her to live.
" It would've been easier to die. It's not that I want to be dead now, I don't. I have a lot that I get satisfaction from, that I love. But some days, especially in the beginning, it was so hard. And I couldn't help but think it would've been so much easier to be with the rest of them. But you-- you asked me to stay. You begged me to stay. You stood over me and you made a promise to me, as sacred as any vow. And I can understand why you are angry, but you can't blame me. You can't hate me for taking your word."


The genre is drama and romance. I think people who enjoy people falling in love again would enjoy this book. "If I stay," both the movie and book, remind me of this book.


2 comments:

  1. This book seems really good, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems really good, I like it.

    ReplyDelete